Friday 3 August 2012

Ink Stains


I love different types of art mediums, but I must say that one of my favourites is ink. Ink suits my style as it’s just right for mixed media pictures (which I enjoy) and doesn’t have to be perfectly detailed. It is lots of fun. I either first mix it with water or put the water on the page and then add the ink (which makes a really cool effect). When I use ink, I usually add either charcoal or grey pencil to the picture to give it more detail as I did to the ones below:


A Cloudy Day- Ink and charcoal



Abigail-Ink and Charcoal



The Wrecked Voyager- Ink and pencil



Joel- Ink and charcoal



Walking in the rain- Ink and pencil

I love doing black and white portraits in ink, as I did with Abigail and Joel (I have no idea what their real names are, by the way, I just sometimes give my portraits names. Weird, I know). Ink is also nice because it’s quick, messy (I like getting ink on my hands for some reason), and the results are usually rewarding. 

3 comments:

  1. They are SO beautiful! Awesome job, Jessie. I love ink pictures, too, but I find that it's not my thing. As in, seeing other peoples ink creations make me happy, but I can't do it myself.
    Tane x ♥

    ReplyDelete